Written by one of Japan's foremost experts, The Ultimate Bonsai Handbook provides a complete overview of every aspect of bonsai gardening.
Over 1,000 photos demonstrate each step involved in raising and caring for 70 types of bonsai, supporting the book's "learn by imitation and observation" approach. This detailed book will serve as a timeless reference to cultivating pines, maples, flowering and fruit bearing trees, and many other varieties.
This practical, comprehensive bonsai guide includes information about:
- Types of bonsai and how to choose them
- Basic tree shapes and how to display them
- Tools, soils and containers
- Transplanting, root trimming, watering and fertilizing
- Propagation, pruning, wiring and support
- And much more!